Excellent treats for excellent people.

09:06

Hello Darlings,

I love a good snack. I could spend all day snacking. Some days I do.

Whilst that may not have benefited my waistline, it does mean that I have tried many delightful (and not so wonderful) treats.

Recently I began to try eating food that is beneficial to my body and mind. A few years ago, I worked out that cutting out foods doesn't work for me. Having access to treats does reduce binge eating for me. Of course, it doesn't always work, but overall it has been better. 

I currently am suffering from constant tiredness and am struggling to get up in the mornings and not go back to bed throughout the day - which doesn't help with the snacking. It means I have not been exercising as much as I'd like to and having more sugar than is good for my teeth.

I have been planning meals, trying new recipes and testing different snacks over the last few weeks. Some are lower in sugar, some are iron-rich and some are overall lower calorie options. I'm not typically a 'clean' eating buff, but some of the foods are inspired from those recipes. 

Yoshoi Snapea Rice Sticks (Lightly Salted)
I tried these recently and omfg they are good. I loved the natural(ish) taste and thought they worked quite well as a crisp alternative. They are gluten free and vegan, lower calorie and fat than traditional crisps and pretty damn tasty.

Weight Watchers Snack Ranges
 Whilst I have left Weight Watchers meetings, I still enjoy their treats when I can find them. The snacks are often smaller than their brand counterparts, which I kinda prefer. I don't always want some massive slab of cake or loads of chocolate, just something sweet will often do. (Some days I do want slabs of chocolate or wedges of cake and that is fine, btw)
Specifically, the mini rolls and the caramel cake bars are pretty damn good in my opinion. 

Dried Apricots and Dates
Super sweet, sticky and full of iron and fibre - definitely good for my body and mood.
I grab a couple (not too many though!) when I'm feeling really drained of energy.
Need I say anymore?!

Oat, Banana, Egg and Choc Chip Cookies
Homemade treats that are really good for days when one or two isn't enough. 
I generally mix a handful of oats with one banana and one egg, then chuck some choc chips (i prefer dark choloate) and cinnamon in for flavour.  I don't really bake them to a specific time but I suppose check around the 20minute mark?! I normally just test them with a skewer after a while. 
I keep them in the fridge and normally they are gone within a few days.
 They can also be baked in muffin cases as breakfast muffins for rushing around days.
Delish. 


That's all for now, 
I hope these help anyone looking for snacking inspiration, and I shall write again soon my Darlings.
x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

What new sport should I try?

Flickr Images